Delivering Economics and Access Speed to Data Center Applications and Workloads
As the industry evolves to develop purpose-built solutions for growing data storage requirements, IT managers continue to rely on mid-range capacity drives that are economical to acquire, yet deliver quick and reliable data access for traditional data center applications. Designed to handle workloads up to 550TB per year, the Ultrastar DC HC300 series is a proven air-platform design that delivers up to the industry leading 10TB of capacity to help address the economic and access-density requirements of many data center workloads. Ideal for storage and server applications, as well as distributed and scalable computing (including block and file storage architectures), the Ultrastar DC HC300 series provides fast 7,200 RPM spindle speeds and is offered in either 6Gb/s SATA or 12Gb/s SAS interface with advanced format 512e3 sector size.
- Excellent random and sequential performance
- 8TB capacity point supports traditional IT systems
- Sustained transfer rate up to 255MB/s
- Choice of 12Gb/s SAS or 6Gb/s SATA
- Advanced Format 512e9 models
- Self-Encrypting Drive options