Synology DS1621+ is a powerful and compact 6-bay network attached storage solution designed to store and protect critical data assets. Today’s growing amount of unstructured data requires smarter and increasingly higher performance methods of storing, accessing, and collaborating. Designed for scalability, the DS1621+ enables you to start small, then expand as your data grows.
174% higher 4K random read IOPS and 76% faster sequential write speeds compared to its predecessor1
Turbocharge HDD arrays by 20x or more2 without occupying drive bays using dual built-in M.2 slots for NVMe SSD cache.
Scale-up on-demand to 16 drives with two DX517 expansion units.
Includes Everything to Protect Your Data
Back up critical data to and from public clouds, Windows PCs and servers, virtual machines, and data on the NAS with Synology Active Backup suite, Hyper Backup, and Snapshot Replication.
Ready for 10GbE
Add in a 10GbE SFP+ or RJ-45 NIC to instantly increase network bandwidth based on your existing infrastructure.
- CPU: AMD RyzenTM V1500B quad-core 2.2 GHz
- Hardware encryption engine: Yes (AES-NI)
- Memory: 4 GB DDR4 ECC SODIMM (expandable up to 32 GB)
- Compatible drive type9: • 6 x 3.5" or 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD (drives not included)
- • 2 x M.2 2280 NVMe SSD (drives not included)
- Hot swappable drive: Yes
- External port: • 3 x USB 3.2 Gen 1
- • 2 x eSATA
- Size (HxWxD): 166 x 282 x 243 mm
- Weight: 5.1 kg
- LAN port: 4 x 1GbE RJ-45
- Wake on LAN/WAN: Yes
- PCIe 3.0 slot: • 1 x 4-lane x8 slot
- • Supports 10GbE network interface cards
- Scheduled power on/off: Yes
- System fan: 2 (92 x 92 x 25 mm)
- AC input power voltage: 100 V to 240 V AC
- Power frequency: 50/60 Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% RH
- Maximum operating altitude: 5,000 m (16,400 ft)